NewFC Forum Rules
About These Rules
Be nice. Let’s have some engaging and intelligent discussion. This along with basic forum etiquette covers many of the following rules; however, please read on, as all members will be held to the forum rules. Thank you and enjoy the clouds!
- These rules exist to keep the forum fun, informative, and manageable.
- These rules may be changed at any time without notice.
- Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
- Please do not try to circumvent the rules, they are flexible.
- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
- If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.
- Forum moderators may leave notes on posts to remind members of forum rules. Do not edit, remove, or impersonate these modnotes. Do not edit a post after a modnote has been added.
- Being intoxicated is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the rules.
- If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
- Check out our IRC channel for a less formal, more free-form environment. Chatroom rules.
- By posting on newfuckcombustion.com you authorize the site’s administration to use any content you post as they see fit.
- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
- No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
- Liking flame posts by clicking the corresponding “Like” button is strongly discouraged and may result in a warning point depending on the situation.
- Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
- If you have an issue with a company, you are allowed one post to describe your problem. The company is permitted one post in response. All subsequent communication about the issue must be confined to PMs or taken offsite.
- Please do not revisit the issue until it has been resolved. At that point, you can make a post describing the outcome.
- Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
- Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
- No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
- No offensive material. Do not post any content that is obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
- This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member. If multiple accounts share an IP, please provide us with an explanation.
- If you have a question or comment regarding the safety of materials, post it in Materials Safety. Do not post it in a model thread.
- Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.
- Do not post any identifying information about another member. If you want to reveal your own personal details that is your choice, but we recommend against it.
- We do not attempt to moderate private communication on the site. You can leave existing conversations by clicking the "Leave Conversation" link. New conversations from a user can be rejected by using the Ignore feature on that user.
- Any posts made to promote a specific agenda, to gain publicity, promote a cause, etc., must be pre-approved by staff.
- We don’t use affiliate/referral links here. Please don’t post them.
- No selling or soliciting items on the forum.
- Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
- The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.
- No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts. We do permit discussions about legal sources in jurisdctions where cannabis has been legalized.
- FC does not condone any illegal activity. You are responsible for knowing your local and national laws and the legality of your actions.
- The promotion of counterfeit products is not welcome.
- Please keep group-buy related discussion in dedicated threads.
- Do not upload images unless you own the rights.
- If an image is hosted on another site, please link to it rather than uploading a copy.
General Forum Etiquette
- Lurk before posting. Please search and read before posting to see if your topic is already covered.
- Read threads before posting in them. Thread rules may be outlined in the first post.
- Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.
- No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations.
- When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. If the Edit button is no longer visible (6 hour window) then feel free to make consecutive posts. To respond to multiple posts in a thread click the +Quote button at the bottom of each post and then click the Insert Quotes button that appears underneath the space where you type your post.
- No bumping. Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Be patient.
- When using the quote feature please don’t quote more than is necessary.
- Do not use a huge, annoying or distracting signature or avatar.
General Posting Guidelines
- Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium. Avoid using slang which may not be understood by other members.
- Put some effort into your posting. Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation? Is it on topic? Please avoid creating threads consisting of only links or pasted content unless you add your own thoughtful commentary.
- Use a meaningful and descriptive title for your threads. Don’t be vague or misleading.
- Don’t make short posts that offer no significant content, or post for the sake of increasing your post count.
- Please try to stay within your area of experience when commenting or advising.
- Do not state opinion as fact, we don’t want to spread misinformation. Please qualify your statements and provide references when making claims.
Members who break the rules may be issued one or more warning points depending on the severity of the infraction, and/or have their posts edited or removed. Abuse of specific privileges could result in the revocation of said privileges; in these cases staff will provide a warning. Evading a ban by registering a new account will result in a permanent ban on all associated accounts.
- 1st warning - warned
- 2nd warning - 3 day ban
- 3rd warning - 7 day ban
- 4th warning - 15 day ban
- 5th warning - permanent ban
Manufacturers, retailers, and accessory makers are considered members with a commercial interest. Those who blog about cannabis or vaporizing or review cannabis-related products are also considered members with a commercial interest even if they do not derive income from such activity. A more stringent set of rules applies in these cases: